Thursday, June 27, 2013

The house that built me....is SOLD :-(

Well today is a very emotional day for me.  As of 5PM someone else will be the new owners of my childhood house. I know I need to act like an adult and just face the fact that this is happening -- is it wrong of me for wishing some type of misfortune on the walk through and closing. Like their loan didn't go through or my parents have a change of heart at the last minute..

I can't stand the fact that a new family is going to occupy MY house and call it home. 10216 187th was my safe haven, a place I was always felt loved and just being there brought up my sprits and changed my mood. 

Even though I moved out over 4 years ago, I always considered my parents house -- home. When I was visting them I would always tell Nick I'm home, not my parents house, lake house, or Bristol -- it was always HOME! 

I felt like this house made my family closer. I am 7 and 8 years younger then my brothers --- so we were never 'close' and I would have never consider them friends. But when I got older, we became close, thanks to the summers spent on the boat, beating the heat in the water, BBQ's in the front yard, partying in the garage (gameroom). Sharing this common place and doing all of these activities together made us friends. 

Last night was my final time being in my childhood house.  I took my final walk around the house and the memories starting flooding in my mind. Isnt it weird how you can bypass the same spots for years without triggering those memories. I took pictures around the house, trying to preserve every memory of my home.

The tears really started pouring down my face when I was driving away from 'home'. It truly isn't easy driving away and leaving 20 years of memories behind...


Please disregard the mess... 


- Mandy R. :((

No comments:

Post a Comment