Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fighting Boredom -- Marshmallow Structures

This morning the big guys were getting pretty antsy.... 

I decided they needed a structured activity to keep their minds/hands busy and away from the video games. 

Marshmallow Structures:
    -Mini marshmallows
    -toothpicks 
    -fruit loops 

I couldn't find any toothpicks, but I did come a cross some skewers -eh, those will work! So I gave each guy 5 skewers. I put the marshmallows in the middle of the table. I also cut some skewers in half, just in case they needed them.

The wee ones sat around the table watching the guys create different things, while enjoying a handful of marshmallows :)  

The activity kept their attention of the older ones for a half hour or so... Hey I was happy that they were doing something other than complaining/video games/fighting. They were using their imagination - HUGE BONUS POINTS!

                                       

                                                   

                                                   
-Mandy :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment