Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Funday?!?!

Today we got to go into our house and prepare it for the appraisal. 

Which you don't usually have to do but our  real-estate agent advised us to put doors on the three rooms in the basement (last owners took them) and wash down the walls in the bathroom (mold formed behind a cabinet due to no fan, stupid) -- so their will be no repairs needed to be negotiated into the price. Much rather do it ourselves. 

Well, I am still in love with the house - thank goodness!! The decorating ideas flooded my head while I was walking around my soon to be house. I really wish I has an endless amount of money, so I can completely decorate every room before we move in. KEEP DREAMING MANDY! 

As Nick and I walked around the house and closely inspected our BIG PURCHASE, we saw the half-ass the previous owners did. One thing Nick can't stand is someone being sloppy and pure lazy, when taking on a project. 

Here are some examples or the pure laziness:
          - When they FINALLY installed a fan/vent in the bathroom and added the new                              switch to the wall -- they cut a new light switch cover out of a bigger on and screwed              it in.  -- THESE THINGS COST LIKE $1 AT  MENARDS!! 

          - They did a nice back splash in the kitchen. But in ONE section they didn't line the tiles                up. And they picked a stupid stop to end the back  splash. 

           -Every corner cover was screwed on with drywall screws NOT nails. 

           -Wanes molding in the living room was pieced together and not straight. 

Just so much stupid shit that if done correctly would have looked GREAT! I just don't get how people can just not care -- it's YOUR house. Put some effort into it! 

----RANT OVER!------

Anyways, the guys worked on putting the doors in (I picked up 5 solid doors off of craigslist. 2 fit perfect. One will have to be adjusted.) I really under estimated the time needed for hanging doors. I worked on the mold... forgot masks, got bleach in my eyes, and almost past out -- but it was worth it. I also started cleaning windows and ripping off the HIDEOUS duck boarder in the main bath. We actually got pretty far considering we had no tools! Yay us!

The appraisal is tomorrow and we have our figures and toes crossed all goes well!

-Well test came back - well is up to code and water is SAFE!
-Shopped around for Home owners insurance (feeling old!) 
-Began to gather all the paper work needed for the loan... 


This house buying stuff is keeping me BUSY :)

-Mandy :))

No comments:

Post a Comment